Recipe for making kadhi rice
Kadhi rice is a very tasty and wonderful dish. This is a tasty dish that everyone eats with great fervor. You can easily make it at home. Most people like to eat Kadhi rice in the afternoon or dinner. As soon as we hear the name of Kadhi rice, water comes to the mouth of the people. The taste of Kadhi rice is sour and peppery. People who like Kadhi more sour, also put Amchoor or Lemon separately in it. Everyone likes the taste of kadhi rice. By adding ghee separately to the curry rice, its taste becomes even more wonderful. Kadhi rice is a famous dish of Punjab but it is eaten with great fervor all over India.
The most special feature of Kadhi rice is that it does not take much time to be prepared as it tastes. Kadhi rice is a dish that is all crazy. Travelers coming from abroad also like Kadhi rice.
You can easily make it at home. All the ingredients to make Kadhi rice recipe are easily available at home. Method of making Kadhi Rice Very easy method with which you can make wonderful Kadhi rice. Make delicious and delicious curry rice with the recipe given below and please everyone.
2 liter lassi
1 cup gram flour
3 thinly sliced onions
12-15 curry leaves
1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
4 whole red chillies
2 tablespoons coarsely ground coriander
2 tablespoons Kasuri Methi
2 inch piece ginger
1 teaspoon / salt as per taste
1 cup mustard oil
1 liter water
Chopped coriander as required
Rice Making Ingredients:
1 cup rice
3-4 cups of water
- To make pakoras first, mix gram flour, salt, chopped 1 onion, 2 tablespoons lassi and green coriander in a vessel. Prepare the solution by adding a little water. Cover it and keep it for 30 minutes.
- Now make green chilli and ginger paste.
- In a vessel, mix lassi, red chilli powder, turmeric, salt, green chilli and ginger paste, gram flour and water.
- Now heat the oil till the froth stops coming out of it. Now fry small pakoras from the batter of pakoras prepared.
- Now apply Kadhi in the oil. If there is too much oil, then take out some oil. For tempering, add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, dry coriander, proof red chillies, curry leaves, asafetida and fry them. Add chopped onions and fry until golden.
- Now add the Kadhi batter prepared in it and keep stirring it till it comes to a boil, after the boil reduce the gas and let it cook for 2 hours. After two hours put pakoras in it and let it cook for 15 more minutes.
- Now add Kasuri Methi and turn off the gas. Serve with green coriander. Also serve cumin rice.
Method of preparation of rice:
Wash the rice thoroughly and keep it aside. Take a pot and add water to it, let the water boil well. When the water starts boiling, add rice to it. Allow the rice to cook for 15 minutes and reduce the flame until the rice becomes soft. Now put the rice in a pan and keep it covered until it is served.
Now serve the rice with hot kadhi pakora.
Keep these things in mind while making kadhi rice:
- To make kadhi rice spicy, you can also apply tempering separately. For that, after preparing the kadhi, you have to make a tadka by adding a little desi ghee and red chilli in a kadhi and pour it in the kadhi.
- While making Kadhi for Kadhi Rice, keep in mind that one should try to use curd that was kept a day before, if it is not there then you can also use buttermilk.
- By the way, it is believed that curry made with buttermilk becomes more tasty and you can eat it for one day if you want. If you mix and fry your curry rice, you will still get a delicious taste.